As of next March 7, 2022, it is mandatory that all companies that have 50 or more workers in their workforce have an equality plan.
- WHAT IS AN EQUALITY PLAN?
An Equality Plan is a set of measures aimed at eliminating obstacles that prevent or hinder equality between women and men and at eliminating discrimination based on sex in companies.
- WHICH COMPANIES ARE OBLIGATED TO DESIGN IT?
Any public or private company, regardless of the number of people on the staff, can draw up its own Equality Plan. However, Royal Decree-Law 6/2019, of March, reduced from 250 to 50 the necessary number of people on the workforce for its preparation and mandatory application. This reduction has been applied gradually so that the deadline for the entry into force of this obligation, which is related to the number of workers on the payroll is:
- 7/03/2020 for companies with more than 150 workers
- 7/03/2021 for companies with between 100 and 150 workers
- 7/03/2022 for companies with between 50 and 100 workers
- WHAT BENEFITS DOES ITS PREPARATION AND APPLICATION HAVE FOR THE COMPANY?
- Compliance with current regulations (not having an equality plan when it is mandatory is constitutive of a serious or very serious misconduct)
- Improvement of the company’s reputation
- Detection of discriminatory situations
If you are interested in us helping you in the preparation and application of the equality plan in your company, do not hesitate to contact us.