On July 10, 2021, Law 10/2021, of July 9, on remote work was published in the B.O.E.
This new law maintains and reinforces the same regulation that was established in RD Law 28/2020 (on remote work), the highlights being those that we are detailing below:
- Remote work that was implemented exceptionally as a result of the health containment measures derived from COVID 19, and that remains in force, will continue to be subject to the ordinary labor regulations prior to this law. This law will be mandatory once the containment measures related to COVID 19 are terminated, with respect to those workers who continue to perform remote work.
- It will be understood that distance work is provided, in a reference period of three months, a minimum of thirty percent of the day.
- Voluntary nature of distance work for the worker and for the company, which must be agreed in writing.
- The right to occupational risk prevention is regulated for people who work remotely, and the rights related to the use of digital media.
- The powers of organization, management and business control in distance work are regulated.
- Penalties for non-compliance with the established measures regarding remote work are increased.
If you want more information, you can contact our Labor Department.