On September 29, 2021, the R.D. Law 18/2021, of which, among other contents, regulates the extension of ERTES. These are the most important points detailed in the aforementioned R.D .:
1. The temporary employment regulation files related to the COVID 19 crisis, valid as of 30/09/2021, until 31/10/2021, are automatically extended. An extension of these ERTES will be authorized, from 11/01/2021 to 28/02/2022, previous presentation by the company, before the labor authority, of a list of the affected workers, between October 1 and 15.
2. It is allowed to apply benefits in terms of contribution to temporary employment regulation files, to a greater or lesser extent, based on whether the company develops training actions or does not develop them. The exemptions will be 40% or 50% (depending on the number of workers) if no training is developed, and 80% if training actions are given.
3. Exemption in the contribution in favor of self-employed workers who have received some form of benefit for cessation of activity under the provisions of Royal Decree-Law 11/2021, of May 27, on urgent measures for the defense of employment, the economic reactivation, and the protection of self-employed workers.
4. Extraordinary benefit for cessation of activity for self-employed workers affected by a temporary suspension of all activity as a result of a resolution by the competent authority as a measure to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
5. Benefit for cessation of activity compatible with self-employment.
6. Extraordinary benefit of cessation of activity for those self-employed workers who are already active and on September 30, 2021, have been receiving any of the cessation of activity benefits provided for in articles 7 and 8 of Royal Decree-Law 11/2021, of May 27, on urgent measures for the defense of employment, economic reactivation and the protection of self-employed workers and cannot cause the right to the ordinary provision of cessation of activity.
If you want more information, you can contact our Labor Department.