Given the importance of this issue, it is of interest to remind all our clients and collaborators that, in the event that they decide to implement temperature control in their companies, they must inform their workers regarding the processing of personal data obtained through said control. , in order to comply with current regulations.
In this sense, it will be essential to inform workers about:
- The identity and contact details of the company: In this sense, we recommend enabling and providing a specific email for questions regarding personal data.
- The purpose of the treatment to which the personal data are destined: In this case, the stated purpose should be (i) to protect the health and life of the people who are in the workplace and (ii) to contribute to the containment of the current pandemic.
- The legal basis of the treatment: Sections d) and e) of article 6.1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as well as section c) of the aforementioned article in relation to current regulations on occupational risks.
- Term or duration of the treatment: It must be reported that this treatment will be carried out for the time that is strictly necessary to fulfill the purpose and the aforementioned legal obligations.
- Workers’ rights: They must be informed that they have, with respect to their personal data, the rights of access, rectification or deletion, limitation of their treatment, opposition to treatment, as well as the right to portability of their data. It should also be explained that the interested parties have the right to file a claim with the control authorities.
In order to comply with all these information obligations, we recommend sending a specific communication to the company’s employees.
Addwill professionals remain at your disposal for any question you may have about complying with this legal obligation.